Setting goals and mapping out a plan is crucial for success. If you're like me you have a list as long as your arm of things you want to accomplish. But without focus these goals are nothing but a wish list. Enter the S.M.A.R.T. Goal! By using the S.M.A.R.T. method you are able to set focused goals that best utilizes your time and resources. Using the S.M.A.R.T. acronym can help you fine tune your goal for the best results!
1. SPECIFIC: Reason and purpose = Motivation. Your goals should be as specific as possible.
2. MEASURABLE: You should be able to track your progress. When will I know that I have reached my goal?
3. ATTAINABLE: Can I accomplish this? Sometimes people set goals that are unattainable. Be sure that your goal is realistic.
4. RELEVANT - Is it worth it?
5. TIME - How long will it take to accomplish your goal? A goal should have a timeline.
Find others who have already achieved similar goals, and learn from them.
Remind yourself often WHY this goal is important to you.
Imagine life after you have reached the goal.
Help others along the way.
Be flexible... things change.
Be accountable, responsible, and honest with yourself. Don't settle for less that you are capable of.
Be good to yourself, celebrate the victories, learn from defeat.